The following employees were selected for the February 2019 Excellence Award recognition. They were honored at the Feb. 26 school board meeting. Pictured from left:
- Jim Newman, building operator, Roosevelt Elementary
- Kim Hansen, paraeducator, Hazel Dell Elementary
- Lily Valencia, secretary, Harney Elementary
- Morgan Sherve, teacher, Discovery Middle School
- Veena Girod, math teacher, McLoughlin Middle School
The Excellence Award is given to five employees and/or small teams from October to May each school year. Nominations are open to staff, students, parents and community members. Nominees are selected for recognition by a committee of their peers.
Congratulations to these staff members! They join the many VPS employees who have received Excellence Awards since 2007.