Discovery Athletics Registration
We are excited to have your student be a part of our Athletic program! The following is information and steps that you will need to take in order to register them for their sport!
- Register your student at familyid.com/discovery-middle-school. Please complete the registration in full. A partial registration will not be saved. Throughout the school year, you will need to re-register your student if they intend on participating in multiple sports. You will need the following information in order to complete the registration online.
- Address and phones numbers for emergency contacts
- Student’s primary Doctor’s name and phone number. You may put ‘n/a’ if your student is seen at a clinic and does not have a primary Doctor.
- Student’s medical and dental insurance information and policy/group numbers. If you do not have medical and dental insurance, you will need to purchase medical and/or dental through the student accident insurance plan at Myers-Stevens and Toohey.
- Have a PHYSICAL EXAM completed on your student. The physical exam must be current (within the last 24 months), not expire before the end of the season, be signed by a physician and either uploaded to the registration system or a copy given to the Discovery Business Office. If your student requires medication at school or has a potentially life threatening condition, an ADMINISTRATION OF MEDICATION FORM must be completed by a doctor and returned to the school. Both the physical exam form and medication forms are attached in this packet.
- Pay for your student’s $10 ASB Card and $20 Sports Fee. You may pay online at https://fines.vansd.org or in person at the Discovery Business Office. The ASB card is good for the entire school year and only needs to be purchased one time. The $20 sports fee is per sport. If your student is approved for free or reduced lunch benefits, the $20 sports fee is reduced to $10. A signed CONSENT TO SHARE INFORMATION FORM is required to receive the reduction. The reduced fee can not be paid online and must be paid at the Business Office. The Consent form is attached in this packet.
- Resolve any previous ASB or Sport related fines. Your athlete will not be eligible to compete until all of the previous fines have been resolved. If you need additional time to pay or if you need to establish a payment plan, please contact Mrs. McKay in the Business Office.
– If you need assistance with the Family ID website, contact them directly at 1-888-800-5583 ext 1 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For example if you need to reset your password or have difficulty logging in.
– Contact the Business Office at 360-313-3304 or Mrs. McKay via email at email@example.com for any questions about dates, times, payments or fines.
– A computer is available during school hours outside of the Business Office and in our Family Resource Center if you do not have internet access or a computer at home.