Discovery Middle School Early Winter registration is now open! You may register online with Family ID beginning today through October 27th for 7th and 8th grade Girl’s Basketball and 6th, 7th and 8th grade Boy’s and Girl’s Wrestling. Practice begins on October 25th.
Discovery Athletics and Activities Registration
When you register through FamilyID, the program keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member. You may then access your profile to register for future sports and activities.
Please complete the registration in full. A partial registration will not be saved.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
- PHYSICAL EXAMS*: A physical exam must be current within the past 24 months, signed by a physician, and uploaded into the registration system.
- ADMINISTRATION OF MEDICATION FORM*: If your student requires medication at school, or has a potentially life threatening condition, this form must be completed by a doctor and uploaded into the registration system.
*These forms are required for new online registrations only. If you have previously uploaded a physical in FamilyID that has not expired for your student, that information has been saved and is not required to be uploaded again.
INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER:
It will be helpful to have the following information to allow accurate completion of your online registration:
- Address and phone numbers for emergency contacts
- Student’s primary doctor’s name and phone number (Please mark N/A if your student is seen at a clinic and does not have a Primary Doctor)
- Student’s medical and dental insurance information and policy/group numbers*
*If you do not have medical and dental insurance you will need to purchase medical and/or dental through the student accident insurance plan at Myers-Stevens and Toohey
Pay online at: https://fines.vansd.org/ or in person at the school business office. ASB membership ($10) is good for the school year. Sport and activity fees ($20*) are required for each season.
*If you have applied for and have been approved for Free/Reduced lunch benefits, your student will qualify for a reduced Sports/Activity fee of $10. A signed Consent to Share information form is required to receive the reduction. These payments must be paid at the Discovery Business office.
REGISTRATION BY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN CAN BE COMPLETED BY CLICKING ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:
FIRST TIME USING FAMILYID FAMILIES:
- Select the registration form under the word Programs, and click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account. You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.)
- Click on the link in your e-mail confirmation, which will log you in to FamilyID, and then complete the information requested. When your form is complete click the Save & Continue button
- Review your registration summary and click the green Submit button. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration
You may use the information you submitted in previous seasons to save time with future registrations. Please use the following steps:
- Select the registration form under the word Programs.
- Login using the e-mail address and password you created last season
- Choose the sport
- Click on “Add Participant Below or Click to Select” and pick your child’s name
- Update health and demographic information, if necessary
- Sign-off on seasonal agreements
- Save and Submit
At any time, you may log in at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s). To view a completed registration, select the ‘Registration’ tab on the blue bar.
- If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call FamilyID at 888-800-5583 x1.
- Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.
- Contact 360-313-3304 to reach the Discovery Business Office or email Fawn McKay at email@example.com for questions about dates, payments or fines.
- A computer is available during school hours outside of the Business Office for families without access to a computer or for those who are needing assistance completing the online registration.
- ¿Hablas español? Por favor, póngase en contacto con Victoria Bernal al 360-901-0053