The following employees were selected for the April 2018 Excellence Award recognition. They were honored at the April 24 school board meeting. Pictured from left to right are:
- Becky Hilfiker, teacher, Ogden Elementary
- Emily Hart, HR specialist, human resources department
- Jesse Sawyer, district resource officer, Discovery Middle School
- Dr. Alice Winczer, teacher, Alki Middle School
- Not pictured: Catlin Anderson, district resource officer, safety department/Columbia River High School
The Excellence Award is given to five employees and/or small teams from October to May each school year. Nominations are open to staff, students, parents and community members. Nominees are selected for recognition by a committee of their peers.
Congratulations to these staff members! They join the many VPS employees who have received Excellence Awards since 2007.